Monday, September 22, 2014

Rain rain go away...


      Where I live, rain is a weird thing.  It happens very few times out of the year and when it does, you either get flash-flooding or just a sad sprinkle.  A lot of the time, one part of the city is getting a sad sprinkle and the other is impossible to navigate because of the inches of rain.  Also, everyone in town suddenly forgets how cars work and driving is like walking on hot coals: if you're good, you might make it, but if you're not, your feet might get burned off!

   The weather fluctuates so randomly, it's hard to tell what's going on. While I was at home today, it was sunny for a moment, then a 2 minute torrent of rain, then sunshine again.  We like to say "If it's a 10% chance of rain here, it's more like a 10% that YOU will get rained on."  There will be times when the entire center of the city is green and beautiful and alive while the part where I live, a little more in the deserty part, will be bone dry or vice versa.

   Today is one of those days.
   I have to navigate the college campus and from the classroom, we all assumed it was just cloudy out, but upon opening the door, we discovered the rain was coming down hard enough to stab you in the eye!  I gave a classmate a ride to her car, seeing as I was done a half-hour early and intended on grabbing a snack before my 6:00 p.m. class, until I saw the roads.  I instead circled the hall for my next class like a vulture, trying to find a spot for about 20 minutes, having plenty of time to spare.  I finally had to settle for the exact spot I had parked in for my previous class.  They are extremely close, just a walk through 1 building, but not ideal.  Of course, the fates declared that as soon as I found a spot, the rain died down a bit.  As you can see, I found shelter in the Math Tutoring Center and it's still stormy outside, so I assume there's more to come. 
   I love rain, it's my favorite weather condition, but lordy when it comes down like that...I think the picture aptly describes my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

O! You have a comment? YAY!!!