Monday, February 3, 2014

New Series: Disney Villains

   Hey guys!  While watching Disney movies recently, I've noticed a few trends.  1, there are more female than male villains and 2, in MOST cases, the Hero tries to do the right thing and save them before their death.  Also, nearly all Disney Villains die and often in pretty gruesome ways.  I thought I'd test out a new segment!  This Segment will be a fun little thing I can post about when I have nothing else to say and that won't take much work.
   What will I do?  I'll take a Disney Villain, recap his/her character, address the number or deaths, imprisonments, and/or attacks they have caused (directly and indirectly), and what becomes of them.  Once I have recapped them all, we'll see who's the biggest Disney baddie!  I'll try to do anywhere from 1 to 5 villains in a single post.  For now, I'll be focusing on the animated films.  That doesn't include movies like Mary Poppins that are both live action and animated.  Hopefully, this will put some of our cheery childhood tales in perspective.  Just a warning, some films I'm not as familiar with as I'd like to be so I'll have to re-watch them to get a feel for it and at least for a while, I won't be doing one's I haven't seen such as The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad.  
   What do I call a villain?  This is where it gets tricky.  Most princess movies have a pretty clear main antagonist, for example Maleficent or Ursula, however movies such as Lady and the Tramp have more...subtle baddies like the Aunt, the dogcatcher, and the cats.  For a movie like that, I will do a sort of comparison with each character I see as a detriment to the Hero.  If you'd like an example of my standards, check out my Top 10 Video Game Baddies.
   How often will this be?  Well, seeing as I'm very busy with school work and some of the longer posts, these will be nice little easy ones I can slip in during my computer class like I am now!  Also, if people really like the segment, I could attempt to make it at the very least a monthly thing.
   Will this be your only thing from now on?  Have you even read my blog?  I can't keep the same train of thought going through one post, let alone all of them!  I'll still be keeping up my Pokemon and Me segments, my Clash of Heroes and Spelunky Let's Plays, Top 10s and 20s of my favorite Pokemon and other things, posts about interesting days at school and on weekends, and Rant Times!  Don't worry your little heads.  My blog is just going to be diversifying, not shrinking!
    When and what will the first segment be?   I am thinking sometime this week, maybe Wedn. or Fri and about my favorite Disney movie, Sleeping Beauty!  Check back soon!  This month is going to kill me with the amount of work, so I probably won't be doing many posts in general, but hopefully March will be a Renaissance for the blog!  See you all soon!  <3        

No comments:

Post a Comment

O! You have a comment? YAY!!!